These personalized classes provides you with eighgt hours of one-on-one instruction and are designed to take you from a complete beginner in photography, to someone with a firm grasp of photographic techniques.
By the time you complete these four lessons you will have the skills and understanding to continue your photographic journey on your own.
Lesson 1: Camera Basics (2 hrs)
Photography Concepts: Like anything else in life, before the fun starts we need to learn the basics. In photography that means learning some concepts about how your camera and lens work when you bring the outside world onto your film (or sensor). And then there's all those buttons and menus…. What does it all do?
- Shooting Modes:
- M, A, S (Tv), P
- What are they for? When to use them.
- Achieving proper exposure.
- ISO and image clarity.
- Depth of Field:
- Aperture (f stops).
- DOF and focal length, sensor size, subject/background ratios.
- Shooting Modes:
Lesson 2: Metering | Focusing | Dynamic Range (2 hrs)
- Metering Modes:
- How to control exposure via different metering modes.
- Targeting exposure to your subject.
- Tackling dynamic range issues.
- Using focusing modes to improve clarity.
- Focusing techniques.
- Focus area.
- Advanced Features:
- Working with expsoure compensation.
- White balance
Lesson 3: Foundations of Composition: (2 hrs)
Photographic Composition: Composition can make an interesting subject bland or make an ordinary subject appear beautiful. In this course, you will explore the concepts of composition, from basics such as the rule of thirds to more advanced topics such as the way the eye travels through a photo.
- What is composition for?
- Rules of composition.
- Breaking the rules.
- Psychology of composition.
- Using your cameras focus points.
Lesson 4: Getting Creative (2 hr)
- Fun with your Camera:
- By now, you will have a pretty good grasp of how to work your camera and the basic concepts used in photography. However, as we all know, photography is an art more than a science and with that in mind, class three focuses creative techniques.
- The class is filled with lots of fun creative photographic "experiments" which not only produce fun images, but more importantly will introduce you to creative techniques which you can then apply to a world of other situations and subject matter.
- Each creative technique is based on different principles of light, exposure and camera functionality. You will learn a lot about expanding your artistic ideas through these fun exercises.
- How to use your Flash:
- If you own an off camera flash you have probably already learned it's not as easy as you had hoped. Getting Flashes to look natural requires some knowledge of how light works.
- Improve the quality of light that comes from your speedlight unit.
- Working with light intensity (inverse square law) to produce even lighting.
- How to control your speedlight settings.
Price: Visit Pricing Page
This combo pack will save you a good bit of cash over taking four seperate classes.